The Red House and Britten–Pears Foundation
Here, off leafy and secluded Golf Lane in Aldeburgh, Britten and Pears lived and worked from 1957 until their deaths.
Today the site is the home of the Britten–Pears Foundation (BPF), Aldeburgh Music’s sister organisation, which is getting ready to welcome visitors to share the inspiring ambience and gain new insights into Britten's music in the place where much of it was written.
From June 2013 onwards The Red House will open up as never before. For the first time visitors will be able to see the studio where Britten wrote masterpieces such as War Requiem. The house interiors and the library that Britten and Pears added in 1963 will be returned to their mid-60s appearance. A new building by Stirling Prize-winners Stanton Williams will house Britten’s amazing archive, while a new exhibition drawn from that collection will introduce the man and his music to visitors of all ages.
To find out more please visit the website